Parkside is a contemporary porcelain, ceramic and natural stone tile specification company with over 500 designs on offer, and many exclusives, from some of the world’s most dynamic manufacturers.
Whether for commercial, hospitality or residential projects, Parkside’s knowledgeable team of architectural consultants are able to help specify the right products to match any design brief.
Offering the latest technological innovations and tile trends, Parkside provides an unrivalled bespoke service including waterjet cutting, porcelain worktop fabrication and digital printing on to tiles.
With showrooms in Chelsea, Clerkenwell, Leicester and the Cotswolds from September 2019, the company has over 50 years combined experience in assisting the architecture and design community to create original and inventive interior projects.
Parkside are now actively moving into the Regional House Builder market, and are looking for an experienced Sales Manager with strong leadership skills and a ‘leading by example’ mind-set when driving sales.
This Sales Manager opportunity will be field based with national travel and will responsible for developing strong relationships across the regional house builder tile specification market, leading to Parkside winning specifications within the contractor and housebuilder industry.
You will be working specifically in the regional house builder sector representing Parkside in the commercial tile market. Parkside Architectural Tiles is part of Topps Tiles PLC, the UK's leading tile company with over 370 stores across the UK and over 1/3 of the domestic (non-commercial) market.
Reporting directly to the Sales and Design Director, initially with 2 direct field sales reports and dedicated head office based sales support, you will use the new Leicester Hub as a 'base', building the Parkside service proposition in the house builder sector of the tile specifications market, ideally utilising your existing relationships in this field.
You will own and develop client relationships and build profitable sales through all sectors of the Parkside Product mix including tiles, natural stone, grouts, trims & materials.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support Commercial Contract sales and profit growth ambitions
- Drive brand awareness generating new business and potential clients; service, communications, showroom activity, events
- Manage existing accounts and develop new business opportunities in the tile specification sector within the house builder sector
- Manage to Gross Margin expectations and deliver to Sales Budgets
- Deliver unbeatable service and support for clients
- Drive perceptions of Parkside as the UK's leading contract tile sales company
- Build strong relationships with clients (regional house builder focus)
- Deliver expert technical support
- Work as a team player across the house builder specification sector
- Optimise Gross Profit on sales
Qualifications and Skills:
- Commercial Sales experience within the house builder sales market essential
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills internally and externally in building effective working relationships
- Lead your own sales relationships and manage a team of specification sales managers
- Creating sustainable and ethical business relationships built on trust
- Working with the wider Parkside and Topps organisation
Mobile phone, laptop, company car or cash option, private medical insurance
Generous commissions on Gross Profit for the sales delivered (on top of the salary)
Sales incentive scheme
Travel and expenses as appropriate
- contract or specifications sales management experience
- Commercial Sales Negotiations within the house builder industry desirable, tiles specification not essential
Role is field based, with Head Office in Leicester, full driving license required.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.