Topps Tiles (UK) Ltd. (company number 4781209) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Topps Tiles (UK) Ltd. (company number 4781209) of Grove Park, Thorpe Way, Enderby, Leicestershire, LE19 1SU.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting our Site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Personal information, defined
Personal information (or "data") is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. Within the context of our Site, personal information may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, education and employment history. Personal information does not include information which is unrelated to an identifiable individual, such as aggregated data which we may collect to better understand the users of our Site and the ways in which we can improve our Site.
Information we may collect from you
If you would like to create an account or apply for a job with us, we ask you for information including your name, postal address, email address, home and work telephone numbers, and CV.
If you are a resident of certain countries, such as the United Kingdom, you may elect to provide additional information such as your gender, ethnic background, and veteran status. Providing this information is optional and is not required to apply for a job with us. This information will not be considered in evaluating your qualifications for employment. We may use this information to the extent necessary or appropriate for compliance with relevant legal obligations and for other internal purposes. Submitting such information will only be an option in countries where it is permissible by law.
It is the Company's policy to collect information from you in accordance with all local laws in the country in which you legally reside.
How we use the information you provide
Information you submit to our Site may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us including information about job vacancies and/or responses to job applications and queries;
- to assess your suitability for a job role, and for the purposes of personnel administration, obtaining references, and statistical analysis including internal recruitment analysis;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to communicate with you about news, information, and opportunities at our Company, provided that you will be able to choose whether or not to receive such communications and may unsubscribe from such communications at any time (see the section below titled "Email Communications and Your Choices");
- to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable to you and match you to appropriate job vacancies;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to provide a successful onboarding process should you be successful in joining us;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information for business purposes with selected third parties including:
- business partners, service providers and sub-contractors where we have retained them to provide recruitment related services, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details that you have provided and/or to provide psychometric evaluations or skills tests (where and when applicable); and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to use a password unique to this service and not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site is not aimed at children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If we obtain knowledge that a child under 13 has submitted personal information, we will delete such information as soon as possible.
Email communications and your choices
If you have opted in on your application form to us sending you emails with job alerts and you wish this to stop, please follow the procedures for unsubscribing set forth on the bottom of each email.
Removal of personal data
We will only keep the information you provide to us for as long as there is a clear business need for it. Where you do not actively use your account on our site for a period of 12 months or more, your personal details may be deleted.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.