Topps Tiles PLC is Britain’s largest supplier of tiles, associated tools and accessories with over 370 stores throughout the UK. In the financial year ending 2015 we achieved record sales of £212m, like for like sales growth of 5.4% and profit before tax increased by 19.3%. We achieved our strategic goal of taking £1 in every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market one year early and have delivered seven consecutive years of market share gains. Our strategy is to “out specialise the specialists” and we will do this by delivering an inspirational shopping experience to our customers, providing range authority and offering multi-channel convenience.
We are looking for a highly capable buying leader from a retail background with the creative flair to influence the future of our market leading range. You will have a passion for new product development and design, coupled with the determination, tenacity and commercial skills to drive optimal profits and source products effectively from across the globe. Product is our key strategic capability and as part of our ambitious growth plans, we will grow and leverage it across all tile markets and channels. Reporting to the Buying Director and leading a team of buyers, you will help to develop and drive the implementation of the buying strategy for the Coverings category. You and your team will manage a diverse supplier base building the strongest and most exciting partnerships in the industry though our unique approach to product development. You will enhance and improve our existing product collections and curate new ones to deliver brilliant and innovative new products to our customers. This role will be based at our Head Office in Leicester.
With a strong commercial background, you'll be ambitious, driven and leading a buying team within a retailer. You will have outstanding leadership skills and be able to influence effectively at all levels throughout the business. It is equally important that you possess strong strategic, planning, commercial and creative skills. A confident leader, you will coach and mentor your team to achieve the best results for the business and customer.
- Lead, coach and develop an enthusiastic and passionate team of buyers
- Maximise all opportunities to ‘buy better’ across your categories, driving industry leading gross margins
- Manage and develop key strategic relationships with existing and new partners
- Drive the development of differentiated products to increase our competitive advantage
- Support development of the buying strategy and lead implementation
- Accomplished Senior Buyer, Buying Manager or Category Manager
- International sourcing experience
- Able to work at pace, flexible and organised in fast paced and exciting retail
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills – a team player
- A passion for delivering sales and profit targets
- Enthusiastic about product development…. and a love of tiles!
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.