Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We have over 370 stores and sales of £211m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that makes us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth - there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
Assistant Management Accountant
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our Finance Department aiding the management accountant in producing the monthly management accounts and support the wider finance team with business performance reporting.
- To work with the Management Accountant to ensure that key aspects of the company’s management accounting processes are appropriately administered and information is available in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that analysis and cost reporting to stores & head office departments is delivered in a timely fashion and that key variances are highlighted to the Management Accountant.
- Support the finance team in producing weekly performance reports for the commercial and stores leadership teams.
- Support the Management Accountant in producing the monthly management accounts including preparation of month end accruals.
- Investigation and analysis of cost variances to budget to enable the management accountant to understand business performance.
- Production of stores reporting and month end adjustments to the management accounts.
- Liaison with wider finance team to help the month end process run efficiently.
- Following the companies documented processes around financial & management controls, highlighting any variance from these for investigation and remedy by the Management Accountant.
- Support the Management Accountant in the production of information required for internal and external audit purposes.
- Liaison with head office and stores operations to ensure reporting is understood and costs are appropriately reflected in the management accounts.
- Part Qualified accountant at AAT/CIMA operational level/ACCA fundamentals equivalent
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems - general ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, fixed assets and bank ledgers.
- Microsoft Excel skills to an intermediate level
- Able to work independently to deadlines, at pace and under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
- Numerate and analytical
- Strong commercial awareness
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience of advanced Excel skills including the use of formulas (e.g. VLOOKUP), pivot tables etc.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.