Recruitment Privacy Notice
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
Topps Tiles plc (and all its subsidiaries) are “data controllers”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and application.
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history and qualifications.
- Any information you provide to us during the selection process e.g. Interview exercises, testing etc
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- • Your named referees.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
Having received your CV and application we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during an interview.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting (including Northern Ireland monitoring).
INFORMATION ABOUT CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
We do not envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions.
We will collect information about your criminal convictions history if we would like to offer you the role (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory). We are entitled to carry out a criminal records check in order to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role.
We have in place an appropriate policy document and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing such data.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your application. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate governance and controls to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
We have put in place appropriate governance and controls to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy OR applicable laws and regulations.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will contact you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Article 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) grants you the right to access your personal data held by Topps Tiles PLC, including the right to obtain confirmation that we process your personal data, receive certain information about the processing of your personal data, and obtain a copy of the personal data we process.
We require that you submit this request in writing via postal mail to Data Subject Access Request, Topps Tiles, Thorpe Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SU or electronically via email to GDPR@toppstiles.co.uk.
The Data Subject Access Request Form can be found as a PDF on our website https://www.toppstiles.co.uk/contact_us/
We expect to respond to your request within one month of receipt of a fully completed form and proof of identity.
In addition to exercising your access right, the GDPR also grants you the right to:
• Request correction or erasure of your personal data.
• Restrict or object to certain types of data processing.
• Make a complaint with the local data protection authority.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
When you applied for this role, you provided consent for us to process your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email GDPR@toppstiles.co.uk. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely in line with applicable laws and regulations.