Topps Tiles Group has two brands in the commercial Tile sector; Parkside and Strata, who are both leading specification sales companies working with Architects, Designers and Contractors. We plan to grow the commercial business to become the new market leader by 2025 and create a new, profitable sales division within the Group. The commercial business is in a very fast growth phase and through leveraging our specialism and building our sales and service support teams this is set to continue going forward.
This is a significant leadership role within our commercial division and the potential for organisation-wide impact is considerable. As a key member of our Senior Leadership team, and reporting to the Commercial Managing Director, you’ll lead the Marketing teams in providing effective and high quality marketing activity for both Parkside and Strata. Responsible for a team of 4, and working alongside the Commercial MD, you will lead the development and delivery of our Marketing strategy.
An experienced and visible leader, this is an opportunity to influence a fast-paced, aspirational and ever-growing organisation. You’ll bring a strategic approach to implementing new ways of marketing and PR. You’ll be able to evidence significant leadership experience from a commercially focused marketing environment within the specifications market. Results driven, and a proven relationship builder, you will have the enthusiasm and energy to ensure that we deliver our strategy.
Customer / Strategy / Plan
- Support the Commercial MD in the development and delivery of the ‘disrupt and construct’ strategy for Parkside and Strata.
- Support Commercial sales growth through marketing strategy delivery.
- Provide reporting insights and lead change in brand through leading the Commercial Brand Initiative.
- High leadership autonomy, reporting to MD Commercial, budget responsibility for 4 people and c£500k marketing budget.
- Lead the marketing team (3 + Clerkenwell Studio & Events Manager) in their delivery of marketing activities to support the fast-growing nature of the Commercial business.
- Work with other senior leaders and departments across Topps group (particularly buying, creative and internal comms) to deliver effective inter-group working and ensure Commercial business needs are met.
Financial / Commercials
- Support the high incremental growth ambitions (£25m + sales ambition by 2025).
- Deliver effective marketing budget management and ROI.
Risk and process
- Ability to work at all levels (Group Directors of and Commercial Sales Directors to the Studio assistants in Parkside) people and communications skills are critical to success and support.
- Team leader and cross functionally a team player with a positive attitude.
- Fast growth ambitions require positive thinker and motivator for the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 10+ years of marketing management, including digital experience
- Longer term business thinking; creating a market leader in commercial
- Excellent communication skills and empathy
- Can do attitude and ability to see through challenges
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Management of stakeholders and the ability to handle challenging conversations
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Strong influencing skills
- Ambitious and able to deal with set-backs
- Positive attitude
- Drives trust and engagement
- Knowledge of the specification market
For further information, or for any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.