As part of the continuing development and restructuring of TTD Operations striding towards Topps 2020 & £300m vision and supporting both our Retail colleagues in stores and the growing needs of the business here at Grove Park, we are looking to recruit an SLM to join our successful team in TTD. The role, gives the successful candidate the opportunity to play a big part in Leading, and as part of the Team, shaping TTD for the challenges ahead as part of our continuous improvement program.
This exciting role requires a forward thinking individual, able to lead by example, motivate their team and use their initiative to deliver on objectives. Reporting to the First Line Manager you will work as part of the management team in ensuring all standard operating procedures and processes are being followed and completing the relevant paperwork. A collaborative team worker, you’ll be working closely with colleagues across the business and stores. With this being a key attribute, we will expect you to have good influencing skills and drive results through teamwork, passion, commitment and the ability to manage and drive change to improve performance efficiencies and with cost control
Primary Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Managing day to day Late Shift outbound / despatch operations
- Motivating, influencing & developing colleagues to improve on efficiencies.
- Quality checks on outbound pallets
- Managing Cross-Dock operations including 3rd party & Inter Store Transfers (IST’s)
- Ensuring Despatch / Loading processes are adhered to
- Supporting other Late Shift functions where necessary
- General Health & Safety Mgmt.
- Daily reports to First Line Manager
- You must be a team player with a positive can do attitude and be flexible to change.
- Equally important is a proactive approach to problems and a desire to continuously improve working practices where appropriate.
- Good product knowledge is a must.
- Experience working directly with customers is advantageous.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with a professional attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- IT skills are beneficial but not essential as full training will be given.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to be flexible with working hours when required.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.