Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that makes us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
Alongside the Hub Manager, you will actively and accurately manage and control each shift, ensuring the warehouse adheres to correct standard operating procedures in order to maximise productivity. This will include KPI adherence, continuous improvement of work practices and the ability to solve problems in a consistent and professional manner.
- To support the business by ensuring accurately picked product is correctly loaded and sent to stores in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- To follow up on any investigatory or disciplinary matters, ensuring a conclusion is met each time.
- To proactively promote a safe working environment, taking action or reporting back any issues to the Hub Manager.
- To champion and support regular colleague 1-2-1’s and review meetings.
- To support drivers by following up on queries and issues they may have.
- To take responsibility for Transport Operations out of normal working hours.
- To ensure all requests within the warehouse and transport operations are carried out to the highest standard, resolving any issues locally where possible or escalating to a Line Manager.
- To ensure all store and customer orders are assembled and dispatched within the given time scales, and arrive at the correct destination in an acceptable condition.
- To correctly communicate any issues correctly to the store or line management, with a record kept of the conversations.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Experience of working to a wide range of KPIs
- Clear leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to instil a continuous improvement work ethic
- Actively supports and challenges others
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.