Topps Tiles Plc. is the UK’s largest retail tile specialist with over 370 stores. Our goal is to deliver an inspirational shopping experience to our customers, providing leading ranges and offering multi-channel convenience.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Technical QA Assistant from a manufacturing or retailing background.
Topps Tiles are passionate about delivering the latest innovative and design led products, which are market leading. In this newly created role, you will help to support the Technical QA Manager in ensuring that all Topps Tiles products are safe and meet customer and regulatory requirements.
In addition, you will monitor and continually improve processes that are in place to ensure that Topps Tiles continues to meet all of its Compliance requirements. The role involves liaising with external agencies, suppliers and internal stakeholders including Buying, Training, Distribution and Customer Services on issues relating to product quality.
- Support Technical QA Manager to drive compliance across Topps Tiles Global supply base for all key categories: Tiles, Adhesives, Tools and Accessories
- Liaise with Internal and External stakeholders on QA matters
- To collate and file all Technical Data from suppliers that meets all regulatory requirements and make it accessible to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that supplier specifications contain correct information against the relevant standards
- To create Technical Specifications for all lines to support the ongoing monitoring of product quality
- Collate all Audit documentation from suppliers for assessment and grading
- Carry out any internal testing to support product development and product quality
- Through reporting (Internal testing, store visits, pre-shipment inspection reports and Customer services ) identify quality issues and work with the buying teams and the Technical Manager to support solutions
- Ensure brand guidelines and regulations are met
- Raise purchase orders for any external product testing
- To carry random inspections on incoming goods delivered to Topps Tiles Distribution centre, specifically linked to new products
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Principles
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IT programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Retail background QA experience
- Understanding/experience of DIY market/industry - in key product categories such as Tiles, Adhesives, Tools and Accessories (inc electrical)
- Knowledge of legislation such as REACH, GPSD, CPL
- An understanding of packaging, printing & construction
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.