Who we are
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stock Administrator to join our Buying Department. Reporting to the Stock Replenishment Team Leader, the Stock Administrator will be a critical interface between our suppliers and their factories to ensure stock levels are maintained to meet sales requirements.
- By keeping up to date administration records, ensure that stock is available and in line with sales
- Provide effective stock management support
- Manage stock allocation and replenishment activity to ensure target stock levels are maintained
- Ensure factories are run correctly by sending signed orders over by email to ensure stock is being produced when required in conjunction with given lead times
- Act as the main point of contact for factories and agents
- Chase outstanding invoices, credits and investigate any discrepancies with receipted goods.
- Ensure all orders are signed off by the Stock Replenishment Team Leader, updated on relevant worksheets and monitored throughout the shipping process
- Ensure all shipping details are monitored weekly and updated on the database
Update/maintain reports for the stores using excel/online systems
- Update/maintain the global stock report weekly
- Manage weekly stocks and orders collections, factory availabilities, overstocks
- Liaise with buyers to manage own ranges/products
- Maintain and update monthly reports
- Update and run ad hoc reports required by the Inventory Manager
- Analyse sales and stock levels to allocate stock
- Develop effective working relationships with all internal departments, third party suppliers and shipping partners
• A proven ability to develop strong working relationships across the business and with suppliers
• A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail, highly numerate and analytical
• Microsoft Word & Excel skills to an intermediate or advanced level
• Ability to work under pressure to demanding deadlines
• Excellent planning and organization and skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
• Previous experience in a similar role within a retail buying/purchasing department
• Experience of working with third party suppliers
What we’ll do for you
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success as well as a bonus based on your personal performance (up to 20% of your base salary).
Then there’s a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We’re committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you’ll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.