Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
Are you a creative individual looking to bring our instore displays to life?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a coordinator to join our Retail Development Team.
Reporting to the Merchandising and Display Manager, we are looking for an individual to contribute vital creative and administrative support within the team.
If you have a creative flair for designing instore displays and innovative visual concepts coupled with an eye for detail then this could be the role for you
Work collaboratively as part of the Merchandising & Design Team alongside colleagues from all other Head Office functions and suppliers; responsibilities will include developing, coordinating and launching new inspirational product displays, whilst continuously maintaining high standards of visual merchandising across our store estate. The role also plays a key part in the opening of our new & refits stores.
- Creation, development and implementation of inspirational displays in our stores
- Play a key role in the development of new ranges through attending new product development meetings
- Manage our internal display management system, maintaining all display documents, guidelines and planograms on internal systems
- Work alongside Buyers to identify ranges to be updated or removed from the business, ensuring the best product offering to our customers
- Maintain accurate new product and discontinuation processes to manage the introduction of new displays
- Manage the schedule and launch of new store openings & refits by raising product and display unit orders and suppling detailed information to the project team
- Participate in key project conference calls
- Provide Head Office support to the project team throughout the project, prioritising tasks and dealing with queries in an efficient manner
- Complete store visits ahead of store opening to ensure the store is up to standard for opening
- Maintain the stock holding of display components in our Grove Park Warehouse
- Provide support and advice to stores & internal departments instore display solutions
- Prepare and co-ordinate internal communications to stores to instruct on new product launches, planogram updates etc.
- Maintain and update the internal web based information for stores
- Manage store Merchandising email queries on a daily basis, answering queries within 24 hours
- Maintenance of product lab and equipment used to trial new displays
- End to end process of creating new tile displays – designing display to tiling
- Own and organise the presentation of products in our senior business meetings, conferences etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential skills & Interests
- Practical and creative skills – ability to design and physically tile new display ideas
- Trend awareness and
- Self-motivated and able to work using own initiative with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with our suppliers
- Good time management and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong commercial, numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills
- Enthusiastic and hardworking
- Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word skills to basic level
- Experience of working within retail or a similar role
- Photoshop/Photo editing skills
- Basic project management skills
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.