Who We Are
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Junior Buyer to join our team. Reporting to, and supporting, the Buyer, you will manage, maintain and further develop your own specified area within the within the Accessories and Adhesives category in line with business plans and initiatives. Commercially astute, through product knowledge, creativity and strong supplier relationships you will ensure the continued evolution of our market leading range.
• Delivering sales and margin on your targeted areas in line with company budget
• Maintaining existing supplier relationships and establishing new ones
• Supplier negotiations price, supply, NPD and Trading Agreements as required
• Maintaining the range development critical path in support of our iterative buying cycle
• Analysis and reporting of weekly sales
• Identifying patterns, reacting to change and forecasting sales to maximise category opportunities
• The planning and prioritisation of periodic reviews for products within the category
• Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure new product launches and projects are completed within required timescales and with maximum impact
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of the relevant Adhesives and Accessories market including key competitors, trends and attending trade fairs
• Internal pricing reviews and maintenance of range hierarchy
• Proven experience in a Assistant Buyer/Junior Buyer role gained within a retail buying team
• A proven ability to develop positive working relationships across the business and with suppliers
• Experience of undertaking and presenting competitor and market trend analysis
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Commercially and financially astute
• The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure to deadlines
• Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical
• Microsoft Excel & Word skills to advanced level
• A strong interest in the tile sector, with an understanding of the trade consumer and a practical knowledge of home improvement
What we’ll do for you
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success - up to 25% of your base salary. Then there’s a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We’re committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you’ll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.