Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that makes us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join our group buying team supporting our commercial division. Reporting to and supporting the Commercial Buyer, you will manage, maintain and further develop your own specified area in line with business plans and initiatives. Commercially astute, through product knowledge, creativity and strong supplier relationships you will ensure the continued evolution of our market leading range.
- Managing a core range of products including all aspects of the product life cycle
- Key contact for the commercial businesses (Parkside & Strata) with sourcing requirements for specific projects & customer requirements
- Supporting the buyer with longer term key business growth opportunities & strategic development
- Integration of new businesses into the group structure and processes
- Maintaining existing supplier relationships and establishing new ones
- Supplier negotiations; price, supply, NPD and Trading Agreements as required
- Analysis and reporting of weekly sales
- Identifying patterns, reacting to change and forecasting sales to maximise category opportunities
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure new product launches and projects are completed within required timescales and with maximum impact
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the relevant market including key competitors and trends and attending trade fairs
- Internal pricing reviews and maintenance of range hierarchy
- Competitor price and product analysis
- Understanding of the Commercial sector – primarily Architectural & Design market
- Previous experience within the ceramic tile industry through could be through sales or buying.
- A proven ability to develop positive working relationships across the business and with suppliers
- Experience of undertaking and presenting competitor and market trend analysis
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Commercially and financially astute
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical
- Microsoft Excel & Word skills to advanced level
- A strong interest in home improvement / home furnishings
With offices also based in Central London, we will consider people based outside of the Midlands.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.