There’s plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the scale of our Support Office in Leicester. We have Finance, Marketing, Buying, Central Operations, HR, Property, Customer Service and IT all under one roof. Tight-knit teams of talented people working together and working hard to get things done and drive results. But then, would you expect anything less from an ambitious, dynamic, market-leading, multi-million pound retail business?
What we’re looking for
As IT Service Desk Manager, you will own, manage and develop key service management processes within the Topps Tiles group. You will lead and motivate the IT Service team by delivering a culture of service excellence. Whilst encouraging a positive atmosphere, you must also have the ability and gravitas to develop, enforce and monitor KPIs throughout the team.
The role will enable you to bring both a fresh approach and new ideas to the Service Desk team and the wider IT department. It would be an excellent opportunity for somebody with experience in Service Desk management to work in a great environment within a highly visible team.
- Lead the team and be a role-model by delivering exceptional customer service and going the “extra mile” for our colleagues
- Ensure that all contact with the IT Service Desk is handled efficiently and is a positive experience
- Maintain and develop ITSM tool in line with ITIL Service Lifecycle and making recommendations for service improvements
- Further develop KPI’s and metrics to help measure and drive service performance
- Provide regular reporting on service performance to the IT Senior Management team
- Manage and grow a Knowledge Base through design, quality control and use
- Promote and inspire a best practice ITIL environment
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk procedures and policies
- Ensure the IT Service Desk team are trained on ITIL best practices and ITSM tool improvements
- Create and drive a ‘fast pace’ environment with a culture of high quality service and exceptional customer experience
- Responsible for recruiting, engaging and motivating the IT Service Desk team
- Accountable for owning and developing the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment processes
- Help implement, monitor and improve Problem Management process
- Identify trends in IT Service Desk tickets and where appropriate recommend areas for root cause analysis to prevent reoccurrence
- Administration and support of Change Management process and attendance of weekly CAB meetings
- Find opportunities to improve repetitive processes through automation where appropriate
Who you are
- ITIL qualification and experience of working within the framework
- Practical understanding of Service Management
- Demonstrable experience of working in an IT Service Management environment
- Experience administering and improving a recognised ITSM tool
- Ability to lead a team of people to achieve results
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Line management experience, with a passion for helping people to grow and develop
- Excellent prioritising, planning and organisation skills
- Ability to plan, organise and lead an internal team meeting
- Conviction to make own decisions
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Experience of developing and working with SLAs and KPIs
- Outstanding communicator at all levels
- Has played a lead role in the management of an IT Service Desk
- Involvement in Change Management (including attending weekly CAB)
- Track record of identifying and implementing continuous improvements in a service environment
- Experience implementing an enterprise-level ITSM tool using ITIL best practices
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Project Management experience
What we’ll do for you
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success. (Up to 25% of your base salary).
Then there’s a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We’re committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you’ll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.
Who we are
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that makes us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.