We are currently looking for an Internal Communications Coordinator to work alongside the Internal Communications Manager as part of our wider HR team. Your role will be to support in the delivery of an effective Topps-wide internal communications plan to improve all colleagues’ general engagement and their support of the Topps Tiles brand. You will be instrumental in the support of the management of the business’s main charity partners(s) and the delivery of an effective plan to generate continuous support for these charity partner(s) from all colleagues.
Whilst this is currently a full time role, we will consider candidates looking to work part time hours.
Customer / Strategy / Plan
- To support the delivery of an effective Topps-wide internal communications plan to improve colleagues’ general engagement and their support of the Topps Tiles brand.
- To support all the Topps-wide communication channels, solutions and interventions, and the delivery of these when required e.g. Conferences, Roadshows, Company magazine, Grove Park events, etc.
- To organise and provide administration support to the National TEAMTalk forum.
- To support with the day to day management of the business’s main charity partner(s) and to support the delivery of an effective plan to generate continuous support for these charity partner(s) from all colleagues.
- To own and manage the internal communications inbox and help ensure all Topps-wide internal communications are appropriate for the colleague audience(s) and they support the Topps Tiles goal, strategy and brand.
- To provide any other adhoc support to the Internal Comms & HR departments as required
- To represent the company with external stakeholders as required, e.g. Macmillan, Pennies and other communication partners
- To demonstrate the Topps behaviours at all times, particularly across the HR team and to represent the team well at all times.
Financial / Commercials
- To manage specific internal comms budgets and spend for dedicated events as and when required, e.g. conference, roadshows etc
- To raise POs and process internal comms invoices as required in a timely manner using the Dynamics system
Risk / Process
- To support with the effective provision of all Topps-wide internal communication and charity MI & insight to help continually improve colleague engagement
- To ensure internal communications have been through the required governance and sign off processes before being issued
- To ensure specific charity activities are safe and compliant with our internal policies, e.g. Health & Safety
Decision Making/Freedom to Act:
- To support with the development and delivery of key internal communication and engagement events
- To manage specific budgets/spend for specific internal comms events – e.g. company magazine, conference
- To prepare business-wide communication content, e.g. Quartile articles, all stores emails
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Great knowledge of web, print and audio communications
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent team player, resilient, calm with strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for staff engagement
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a similar role in communications or media
- Proficient in the use of Adobe InDesign/Photoshop
- Experience of working with charities
- Experience with event organisation
- Experience of magazine writing and publishing
To be considered, please apply online in the first instance.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.