Topps Tiles Plc. is the UK’s largest retail tile specialist with over 375 stores. Our goal is to deliver an inspirational shopping experience to our customers, providing leading ranges and offering multi-channel convenience.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Inbound & Outbound Quality Assistant, ideally from a manufacturing or retailing background, to join the wider Quality Control team.
Topps Tiles are passionate about delivering the latest innovative and design led products, which are market leading. In this newly created role, you will help to support the Technical QA Manager in ensuring that all Topps Tiles products that are delivered to our stores are of the highest quality.
In addition, you will monitor and continually improve processes that are in place to ensure that Topps Tiles continues to meet all of its Compliance requirements. The role involves liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders including Buying, Distribution and Customer Services on issues relating to product quality.
- Support Technical QA Manager to drive compliance across Topps Tiles Global supply base for all key categories: Tiles, Adhesives, Tools and Accessories
- To ensure that all suppliers adhere to all Inbound Compliance procedures, producing reports on any relevant non-compliances
- Through reporting, identify quality issues and work with the Buying teams, Distribution and the Technical Manager to support solutions
- To carry out random AQL Inspections to BS6000, on incoming goods and specifically the inspection of all new products to ensure compliance to agreed product specifications
- To carry out targeted inspections where customer complaints necessitate actions
- Liaise with Internal and External stakeholders on all QA matters
- To create and maintain a Gold seal log of all products
- Updating internal computer system with product attribute information
- Proactively establish way to reduce stock losses and customer complaints through on going monitoring of product quality issues
- To carry out Internal Testing prior to shipment
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Inbound Compliance procedures
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IT programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be physically fit due to the amount of lifting involved
- Retail background QA experience
- Understanding/experience of DIY market/industry - in key product categories such as Tiles, Adhesives, Tools and Accessories (inc electrical)
- An understanding of packaging, printing & construction
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.