Right now we are on a journey of exciting growth, and this means we have a brand new opportunity for an experienced Area Manager to join our team.
Inspirational and commercially driven Area Managers are critical in delivering the area sales, profit and customer service KPIs. You will inspire your team to achieve the business plan and targets through exceptional people development and coaching.
You will be accountable for the performance of approximately 20 stores, a team of up to 100 people and a turnover of up to £10m. A role model in every sense, your leadership, influence and drive will ensure both area and personal targets are exceeded.
• Lead, manage, coach and inspire the motivation of the team to deliver the company goals
• Deliver and exceed sales, profit and customer service KPI’s
• Effectively manage the P&L within allocated budget in order to affect a profitable performance for the Area and Region
• Coach managers on how to maximise sales, margin and reduce costs
• Manage cost controls by utilising and analysing relevant data and reports
• Clearly and concisely communicate business , regional and area objectives to the team so that they remain well informed of business activity and of their required contribution to targets
• Plan for succession in the Area and across the Region through the identification of individuals with potential for development and growth
• Recognise and reward outstanding performance
• Manage the payroll budget in line with area sales performance
• Inspire our teams to deliver excellent customer service which exceeds their expectations
• Empower and inspire managers to identify trends and make suggestions to improve and enhance performance to drive achievement
• Provide strong commercial focus and business acumen to deliver and exceed company profit targets
Essential skills and experience:
• Previous multi-site Retail Area Management experience managing a turnover of at least £8 - £10m
• Self-motivated and inspirational leader with outstanding interpersonal and people management skills
• Proven track record of success and exceeding sales, profit and customer service KPI’s
• P&L management experience is essential as is being able to contribute to profitability
• Extremely commercial in your approach with strong business acumen
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• A confident decision maker and effective problem solver
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We’ve just opened our 350th store and hit record sales of £215m. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly and knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.