Who we are
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We have just opened our 370th store and hit record sales of £215m. In addition, we are as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people make us special. Right now, we are on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on eight consecutive years of success – there has never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
Reporting to the Product Team Leader, you will work within a team of Product Assistants to support our new commercial business, Parkside. This role is initially a temporary 6-month contract and is a key figure in supporting the Parkside team externally and internally. Responsibility is primarily for administrative support as directed by the product Team Leader.
- Provide full administration support to the Topps Parkside Team
- Answering both email and telephone enquiries from internal and external customers.
- Act as conduit of information between Buyers, Stock, Parkside and the Product Team
- Work within and help establish smooth processes, which are efficient and clean.
- Ensure regular, uniform reporting across all stakeholders.
- Database entry, product and supplier creations, price changes and flag/product amendments
- Ensure accurate implementation of all database changes within the database restrictions.
- To acknowledge and prioritize own workload
- To ensure timely and accurate completion of work received
- Previous proven administration experience in a similar role within a Retail commercial environment
- Microsoft Excel & Word skills to intermediate level
- Experience of using the IBM COGNOS information system would be an advantage
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- Problem solving, ability to use own initiative.
- Organised and works at a pace.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A proven ability to develop strong working relationships across the business and with suppliers
- To promote an exciting, rewarding and enjoyable working environment
- Self starter.
What we will do for you
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success - up to 20% of your base salary. Then there’s a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We’re committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you’ll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.
A career with Topps Tiles
There's plenty about Topps Tiles that might surprise you. Like the fact that you don't need to be a DIY or tile expert to work in one of our stores or Head Office.